3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2009 7:58 PM by iPodDiva
robley01 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
I only use the ipod shuffle when im working out, lets say running or cycling, and when I went to the store to buy the new one, I was expecting that they would give me the option to buy another type of headphones, because its impossible for me to run with the ones included with the ipod.
I think a lot of people are having the same issue as I have and I hope they take some action in that!

3rd generation ipod shuffle
  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (77,420 points)
    New headphones (with remote controls) and adapters for regular headphones are being worked on and should hit the market "in the spring"..

-> http://www.scosche.com/press.room/?year=2009&newsID=435
  • carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,295 points)
    "...I was expecting that they would give me the option to buy another type of headphones..."

There is an option: you can buy the in-ear buds for $70. Oh, you mean a FREE option. Why would you get a choice of headphones as a free option? Is that option available for any other iPod?
  • iPodDiva Level 1 Level 1 (75 points)
    You'll have to wait until they release an adapter then use your old running earphones. Or wait for the headphone makers to make Shuffle compatible ones.

The $79 In-Ears do stay in your ear, but they are the same price as the Shuffle. So unless you also have the Touch, 120GB Classic or the 3G iPhone, they aren't cost effective. For the price of the Shuffle and In-Ears added together, you could get the 8GB Nano and use you old headphones.