Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Have a soft popping sound coming out of my 2009 mini....

I am using the some BA MM 220 external speakers on this early 2009 mini...and about every 45-90 seconds i hear a soft popping sound. It does not matter what levels the mini is set too, or what levels the speakers are set too...i get this single soft pop every minute or so....

Mac MIni (early 2009) 4gb/320gb 7200RPM, Mac OS X (10.5.6), "former helper"

Posted on Mar 27, 2009 4:25 PM

10 replies

Mar 28, 2009 1:30 AM in response to tm311

No guarantees this will work but you could try [antipop|http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/29024/antipop] to see if it prevents the wake/sleep cycle of the soudn card which may be what you are hearing. If it doesn't work, it could be some sort of interference issue.

Does the pop happen if you mute the sound?

Apr 4, 2009 2:15 PM in response to moknam

Mine is not a mini problem...it happens without it being even attached to the computer. So its either a speaker problem, like maybe the power supply/amplifier has issues, or its a problem with my power lines.

I just picked up a couple of those x10 pro plug adapters that might solve the problem, They are designed to filter out power line noise...i'll let you know if they work.

Aug 9, 2009 3:34 PM in response to tm311

I have the same issue. Airport is off. Just got the new Mac mini a couple of days ago to replace the last generation. No 'popping' issue with the old one, using same speakers. I've experienced similar issue with some previous versions of OS X...but it was fixed with a subsequent update. Hopefully, the same occurs with this one. Have the 'stick' speakers...

I Have a soft popping sound coming out of my 2009 mini....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.