Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about partitioning external hard drive

I have a 250GB external hard drive that I have partitioned into 4 segments (Copy of internal hard drive, Time machine, Copy of Leopard Startup Disc, Media?. I backed up all my files and cloned my internal hard drive to my external hard drive. I currently have 41GB of space partitioned to have a copy of leopard saved to it. Is there anyway re-size that partition to like 10GB or will it damage the other 3 partitions?

Also I read somewhere that the partition that I saved a copy of Leopard on HAS to be titled "Mac OS X Install DVD" or it will not work. Do anyone know for sure if this is indeed true? If so, is there anyway possible to rename a partition once it has been saved and files to copied to it or would I have to start all over?

Applie iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 1, 2009 7:17 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2009 10:08 AM in response to pblazen

Is there anyway re-size that partition to like 10GB

Try using the Disk Utility in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder to reduce the size of the partition to 10GB. Note that the extra space can't be added to another existing partition from the Disk Utility.

is there anyway possible to rename a partition once it has been saved

Rename the disk in the Finder.

(42202)

Question about partitioning external hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.