20311 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2009 5:55 PM by Allan Sampson
There are a few commercial programs that will be able to pul the music off of your iPhone. I would personally just get a data recovery program and recover the "deleted" songs from the computer.
Remember with computers, nothing is ever truly deleted - unless that same surface area of the disk has been written to over 100 times.
to save your ipod songs to your computer do the following
1. connect ipod/iphone to the computer
2. Open the "My Computer" Folder
3. Select your device
4. After the (E:/) OR (F:/) in the address bar typ in E:/Ipod_control/music
5. Right click the folder, in a white black are (if the f00 folders are hidden)and select properties.
6.Click on hidden and apply then click on it again so theres no check on the box and click apply again
7. Select apply changes to this folder and subfolders
8. Once you have done this you should see alot of folders that begin with F and end in numbers select all the folders and right click them and choose Send to> My Documents
9. You may have to wait a while depending on how many songs and videos you havae
10. Once the folders are all in your documents you can now open itunes and select all the F folders in your documents and drag and drop them in your itunes library, wait a while and then you will have them on your itunes library and you can now disconnect the ipod/iphone
Also, one can transfer off the iPhone with iTunes but only for songs you bought via iTunes. Any music you got from anywhere else you cannot (without other software like mentioned).
In iTunes, plug in but don't sync.
Right click on iPhone in device list.
Choose transfer purchased content. It will pull off anything it knows you bought via iTunes. Anything else it cannot verify you have a legal copy so it won't come off.