Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Express Render Files

Hello all.
Just wondering what files are okay to delete in User > Documents > Final Cut Express Documents
I already have deleted most of the files inside of the folders, such as the render files, because I've already exported them as quicktime movies. But just before, after deleting various things, (such as audio renders, auto-saves, renders,) when I next opened up final cut express, it asked for my licensing details.

Did I do something wrong, and delete something I wasn't supposed to????
Thanks in advanced.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 4GB Memory

Posted on Apr 3, 2009 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2009 5:49 PM

You can delete anything you want from the FCE Documents folder, but if you delete Capture Scratch files then any projects with those in them will be useless. Nothing in the FCE Documents folder would make it reset your licensing details.

However, if you accidentally deleted this file, FCE would again prompt you for your serial number and such:
*Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > ProApps > Final Cut Express System ID*

Message was edited by: skalicki`
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2009 5:49 PM in response to flashlight1138

You can delete anything you want from the FCE Documents folder, but if you delete Capture Scratch files then any projects with those in them will be useless. Nothing in the FCE Documents folder would make it reset your licensing details.

However, if you accidentally deleted this file, FCE would again prompt you for your serial number and such:
*Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > ProApps > Final Cut Express System ID*

Message was edited by: skalicki`

Final Cut Express Render Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.