Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes>Logic Pro

Here's a strang(ish) one for you that I can't figure out on my own:
I've noticed this several times, but I had always thought the distortion problem I was hearing had something to do with the transfer from AIFF to MP3 and so sort of disregarded it. But now I've just completed a new song in Logic and once again noticed a distortion when I played the MP3 in iTunes so I did a more extensive listen.
For test purposes I listened on two sets of headphones and also on two sets of speakers and it was apparent on all of them.
I first listened to it the with the those devices in Logic Pro and didn't hear it so I went ahead converted that into MP3 and listened in iTunes and heard it plainly. So then I listened to it while still an AIFF file also in iTunes and heard it yet again.
At first I had thought it might have something to do not only with some compression done when transferring from AIFF to MP3, but now that doesn't seem to be the case.
I used to do the conversion in iTunes, but was warned about that. So now I do it in Logic-which I was led to believe would get rid of the problem, but obviously it hasn't.
If the distortion is only within iTunes another player would test this theory out, but I don't now have any other player.
Before I do that does anyone have any insight into this?

This was also posted in Logic.

Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 4 GB memory

Posted on Apr 4, 2009 10:18 AM

4 replies

Apr 4, 2009 10:23 AM in response to curly1

It depends on how you define distortion : I too have noticed that if I bring in audio files (in whatever format) from another app, iTunes plays it with an enhanced treble frequency, which exaggerates hiss very noticeably on digitised audio cassette tracks. I've checked everything, EQ settings especially, and nothing shows as a cause. It's still a mystery.

Apr 4, 2009 10:31 AM in response to christopher rigby1

In a way it's a relief (sort of) to hear that someone knows about this, but on the other hand it's still very disturbing that something I've worked so hard on has this problem.
The way I define distortion is that it's a noise that I didn't add to any one instrument and that isn't caused by over limiting or over eq, but still is a very apparent (to me) problem.
So now it seems as if I do need to do the testing within another player. Once again I suspect that iTunes MIGHT be the culprit, but I don't know that for sure.

iTunes>Logic Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.