Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo booth effects in imovie

Is there a feasible way to use effects from photo booth in imovie? I would like to have the background-effect and use my isight-camera. There is no effect to choose. Unfortunately the quality is too bad if I record directly from photo booth. I did not found a way to optimise the quality in the application itself. Thank you for your help! I would like to use it for a project with my students.

PoweerBook G4 und Intel iMac4,1, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 6:48 AM

Hi

To my knowledg - not possibly else using the Green-Screen effect in iMovie'09

In iMovie'08 - No way

In iMovie up to HD 6 one can add plug-ins for Chroma-key

Alt. FinalCut Express 4 or Pro where there are several Chroma-key tools.

No like in Photo-booth.

Yours Bengt W
9 replies

Apr 6, 2009 7:01 AM in response to rabbit_ch

Is there a feasible way to use effects from photo booth in imovie?

Not directly from either app.

Here are a couple of alternatives you can consider:

(1) Record the clip in Photo Booth (PB) using the effect you want. Then quit PB and launch iMovie (iM.) Import a copy of the clip located in your Home > Pictures > Photo Booth folder and named "Movie xx.mov" into iM.

(2) If you have iMovie HD (before iMovie 7.x), record a clip and add Editing > Video FX after the clip has been recorded. These are not identical to the effects PB adds during recording, but they can approximate some of them on clips you have already made. 

I suggest a short test first to determine whether you like what you can do before you record an entire project without knowing if you can approximate the effect you want.

EZ Jim

G5 DP 1.8GHz w/Mac OS X (10.5.6) PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11)   iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9)  External iSight

photo booth effects in imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.