Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old account authorization fail

I have songs downloaded from an old iTunes account. They no longer play. I've authorized them with the old account information--no dice. I've tried removing the "/users/Shared/SC Info" folder and rebooting per Apple's support pages--no dice. When I authorize under the old account, it says I've authorized the computer, but then refuses to play the songs--not the case for de-authorized and re-authorized songs under my current account. This is getting extremely annoying. (What I'd really like to do is get every thing under the same account!)

Help & TIA!!

Macbook Air, iMac 3GHz+2GB, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 6:11 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2009 8:25 AM in response to BalmerGuy

the only solution that seemed to work for me (after trying all the Apple support tips) was
1) on the iTunes store, deauthorize your computer and then
2) sign out of your account
3) Quit iTunes
4) In your user account options, turning off "iTunes Helper" as a startup item.
5) Delete the iTunes.app. (Don't worry, all your playlists and stuff are still there).
6) Download and reinstall iTunes.
7) Start iTunes, sign in to the store and reauthorize your computer.
I did this about an hour ago and it is working just fine. No more "Authorization loop."

Old account authorization fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.