Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to downconvert 16:9 to 4:3 in Final Cut Server

Hey!

Would someone tell me the steps to get FCS to run a downconversion from an uncompressed 16:9 HD file to uncompressed 4:3 SD?

I know there's some involvement with Compressor, just can't remember the steps.

Thanks!

Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 8, 2009 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2009 11:30 AM

Ryan:

First and foremost, create the Compressor setting/preset on the Xserve that Final Cut Server (FCSvr) is install on. i.e. 16:9 HD to 4:3 SD

Second, test that this Compressor preset indeed does the transcoding and conversion that you're seeking.

Third, via the Advanced Admin, create a video transcode setting, assign this setting to a device that you want to have permission to transcode these files to, and reedit the setting to reference and specify this setting.

You can then create a subscription that fired off a copy response that using this transcode setting or just manually export the asset to the device that has the transcode setting assigned to it.

Let me know if this helps.

Nicholas Stokes
XPlatform Consulting
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2009 11:30 AM in response to ryansalazar

Ryan:

First and foremost, create the Compressor setting/preset on the Xserve that Final Cut Server (FCSvr) is install on. i.e. 16:9 HD to 4:3 SD

Second, test that this Compressor preset indeed does the transcoding and conversion that you're seeking.

Third, via the Advanced Admin, create a video transcode setting, assign this setting to a device that you want to have permission to transcode these files to, and reedit the setting to reference and specify this setting.

You can then create a subscription that fired off a copy response that using this transcode setting or just manually export the asset to the device that has the transcode setting assigned to it.

Let me know if this helps.

Nicholas Stokes
XPlatform Consulting

How to downconvert 16:9 to 4:3 in Final Cut Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.