Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Core image and acd compatible cards for cube

I recently bought a second hand G4 Cube online and I am going to update it to Tiger. Now I haven't received the cube yet, but I was thinking along with the OS update, to change the graphics card too with something better. The cube has the Apple Cinema Display along and Tiger have core image. I can find a list with the core image compatible cards on this site, but I cannot find anywhere a list with all the cards that support both acd and core image and are agp x2 compatible. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Christos

MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Windows XP Boot Camp (Unfortunately)

Posted on Apr 8, 2009 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2009 6:08 PM

For a Cube, I think there is only one possibility for both ADC and Core Image.
The Radeon 9700 which shipped with G4 MDDs.
Here is one, priced insanely...
Link
From the picture, it looks like this particular one is 4x/8x AGP only (the AGP connector is shown with only one notch instead of 2).

One other possibility would be to use a compatible Radeon 9800 or Geforce 6200 and an (expensive) ADC adapter like this one.
Link
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2009 6:08 PM in response to Mythos_gr

For a Cube, I think there is only one possibility for both ADC and Core Image.
The Radeon 9700 which shipped with G4 MDDs.
Here is one, priced insanely...
Link
From the picture, it looks like this particular one is 4x/8x AGP only (the AGP connector is shown with only one notch instead of 2).

One other possibility would be to use a compatible Radeon 9800 or Geforce 6200 and an (expensive) ADC adapter like this one.
Link

Core image and acd compatible cards for cube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.