Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the blue cursor on timeline in Soundtrack Pro?

Hi All

In STP2 I am using the Apple Soundtrack Pro 2 book to learn,there is a blue line with arrows on either end facing down,and when the cursor goes over this line it turns blue, what is this for, it seems to demarcate a section of audio but it cannot be adjusted, what is it?

It is just below the global window?

Thanks
Justin

MacbookPro 2.2 2g RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.2), Sony HVR A1, Canon MV 850i

Posted on Apr 12, 2009 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2009 9:27 AM

Justin, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Do you see it in this screenshot?
!http://rdiv.com/screenshots/STP_whatIsIt.jpg!
5 replies

Apr 12, 2009 10:08 AM in response to Justine-Paula

Well you could change it by changing your edits in the multitrack editor section of STP.

It's basically information presented to you so that you don't make changes to a file in the file Editor that is in use in some way in the multitrack editor.

The most confusing aspect of STP is the difference between the FILE EDITOR and the MULTITRACK EDITOR. You need to realize the stark differences between the two modes of operation - and how they interact with each other.

What is the blue cursor on timeline in Soundtrack Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.