Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install iTunes without bloatware?

I just want iTunes on my computer!

Why does Apple force me to install MobileMe, quicktime and the other garbage? I only use iTunes to sync my iPhone! Apps and music. THAT'S IT!

QuickTime: Takes over even though I don't associate it with files! Especially in a browser. I want to see a "You need QuickTime to watch this video." so that I can click cancel and move on.

MobileMe: What a rip off! Get this garbage out of my Control Panel. It's there even after I uninstall!

Other garbage: I don't need this crap! Especially Safari!

I'm a PC!, Windows Vista, E8400 - 2GB RAM - 8800 GT 512MB - HP w2207h / HP dv9335nr / iPhone 1st Gen 8GB

Posted on Apr 14, 2009 2:23 PM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2009 2:46 PM in response to mikeklsr

QuickTime is required for iTunes to run. You can think of iTunes as a media manager "front end" to QuickTime which handles the actual playing of the media.

Safari was an optional install when I installed iTunes on my Windows system. I wasn't forced to install Safari. MobileMe is also no longer automatically installed, though it will update if it finds an existing installation. I didn't get it forced on me when I installed on my Vista system.

You might find this helpful:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=554

Regards.

One tip: it will pay better dividends if you avoid ranting. Apple won't see your rants (except to delete them) and we, your fellow users who are with rare exceptions the only ones participating here, don't really want to be yelled at.

How to install iTunes without bloatware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.