Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare for europe

Hi. I'd like to buy applecare for iphone, but with big surprise, this product is sold only in us. I live in italy, why can i not buy applecare??

thanks

Posted on Apr 15, 2009 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2009 11:47 AM

This depends on laws/regulations for extended warranties in a particular country. The AppleCare extended warranty is not available in all states in the U.S. for this reason - due to state laws/regulations for extended warranties that Apple doesn't meet, or has decided not to meet.
4 replies

Apr 15, 2009 12:47 PM in response to Allan Sampson

ok, but i dont'understand why there are apple care for imac, macbook, etc... in all country and they are valid all over the world. Only applecare for iphone has this restriction? it hasn't sense... But my perplexity is the fact that ONLY in us there is this product. is it possible that for all rest of the countries are there different laws?

excuse me for my english, if you can't understand, try to use google translator 😀

Apr 15, 2009 12:54 PM in response to Frenk77

ok, but i dont'understand why there are apple care for imac, macbook, etc... in all country and they are valid all over the world.

I don't believe the AppleCare extended warranty is available in ALL countries for ALL other Apple products.

But my perplexity is the fact that ONLY in us there is this product. is it possible that for all rest of the countries are there different laws?

It is possible, and it is also possible that Apple chooses not to offer the AppleCare extended warranty for the iPhone in other countries except for the iPhone sold in the U.S.

Applecare for europe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.