Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport turns off when my Macbook is put to sleep...ugh!

Hello. Can anyone help me? Just today, when I woke my computer from sleep mode, I noticed that my airport card had been turned off (by sleep). I went to Network Preference and told it to turn on airport. It did so great. I put the computer to sleep sometime later, then opened it again after lunch to find that sleep mode had turned off airport again. Now every time I wake the computer up, I have to go to network prefs select airport, turn airport on, etc. It never used to do this. How can I get back to what it was: airport NEVER turning off unless I did so manually? Thanks in advance.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Apr 15, 2009 11:53 AM

7 replies

Apr 15, 2009 3:34 PM in response to Gentry McColm

Well, you might try navigating to the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ folder and deleting the com.apple.airport.preferences.plist, com.apple.PowerManagement.plist, and preferences.plist files. Then restart the computer. You will need to reconfigure your Network preferences, so you may want to note down the particulars before deleting the aforementioned files.

May 8, 2009 8:43 AM in response to Kappy

I was so excited to find this discussion, because I've been having this problem with my new-to-me refurb MacBook Pro for a while. But, I don't seem to have the three files you specify that I'm supposed to delete in my Preferences folder. What does that mean?

I do have
com.apple.preference.internet.plist
com.apple.internetconfig.plist
com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist
com.apple.internetconnect.plist
com.apple.systempreferences.plist

So appreciate your help!

Airport turns off when my Macbook is put to sleep...ugh!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.