Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time taken to setup a new iTunes u account

Hi,
How long did it take you to create an iTunes U account?

I’ve complete the web form a few times but I’ve yet to receive a response. I’ve been trying since before Christmas. I’ve sent mails to other Apple departments and I get a reply within 24/48 hours, but I’m having no joy whatsoever in getting any replies from the iTunes U team.

I don’t suppose any of you would have their email address?

Many Thanks,
James

MacBook

Posted on Apr 16, 2009 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2009 7:44 PM

James,

It can take a while. We applied in late April/Early May 2006 and did not get a site until mid-August 2006. This was when there were a lot fewer sites involved in iTunes U. The legal side of it can be pretty insane.

The best course of action would be to coordinate efforts with your local Apple account executive ... that is what we did. In the US, Apple basically divides the nation into four higher education regions (northeast, south, midwest, and west). Within each region, a number of Apple account reps and service engineers deal with individual schools and accounts. It is very likely that an AE/SE pair has been assigned to you. If you do not know who they are, we can likely help you find out.

If that doesn't work, you can always try the iTunes U request e-mail address ... iTunes-U-Request@apple.com
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2009 7:44 PM in response to Celtic Edunet

James,

It can take a while. We applied in late April/Early May 2006 and did not get a site until mid-August 2006. This was when there were a lot fewer sites involved in iTunes U. The legal side of it can be pretty insane.

The best course of action would be to coordinate efforts with your local Apple account executive ... that is what we did. In the US, Apple basically divides the nation into four higher education regions (northeast, south, midwest, and west). Within each region, a number of Apple account reps and service engineers deal with individual schools and accounts. It is very likely that an AE/SE pair has been assigned to you. If you do not know who they are, we can likely help you find out.

If that doesn't work, you can always try the iTunes U request e-mail address ... iTunes-U-Request@apple.com

Time taken to setup a new iTunes u account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.