Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote access with a Static IP

Hi, I have a powerbook and an imac and also a couple of PC's on my network, all work really together. I am going to be working from home over the next few months and I am trying to work out how I can access other PC's and Mac's, storage devices etc back in the office location from basically anywhere I can get online. We have a static IP address from our ISP but I am not sure how to set it all up. If anyone has the time to reply it would help me out an awful lot as my ISP don't seem to want to know.

Thanks

Powerbook G4, iMac 2.4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Apr 16, 2009 10:07 AM

2 replies

Apr 16, 2009 12:11 PM in response to Niko K

Niko K wrote:
Hi, I have a powerbook and an imac and also a couple of PC's on my network, all work really together. I am going to be working from home over the next few months and I am trying to work out how I can access other PC's and Mac's, storage devices etc back in the office location from basically anywhere I can get online. We have a static IP address from our ISP but I am not sure how to set it all up. If anyone has the time to reply it would help me out an awful lot as my ISP don't seem to want to know.

Thanks

Since your profile shows you are running Tiger, I suggest reposting in the appropriate forum or amending your profile. Until then, it's not possible to give you much assistance.

Apr 16, 2009 1:11 PM in response to nerowolfe

nerowolfe wrote:

Since your profile shows you are running Tiger, I suggest reposting in the appropriate forum or amending your profile. Until then, it's not possible to give you much assistance.

Easy Neowolf, its just a question.

Remote access with a Static IP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.