Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Killer Games

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been thinking this

Ever since I got my iPhone I have been constantly amazing at how well designed it is and how it does everything with such polish and finesse.

What I have found very impressive is the power of the phone as a games machine. Games like physX have really made the iPhone my best friend when stuck on a train

What I am now wondering is when are Apple going to tap into the huge catalogue of games from yesteryear which we all love but have been surpassed by new and better looking games.

I am of course talking about games like Xcom and Xcom Terror from the Deep. These two titles alone would be perfect for the iPhones interface and it seems criminal that we are not already playing them. Of course I'm not talking about the games being changed in any way, just a bug free and professional port over to the iPhone.

There are millions of other games from the days of Atari ST and Amiga which would really make the iPhone the only choice for handheld gaming entertainment. Syndicate, Cannon Fodder, Dungeon Master, Monkey Island series and on on. I can't be underestimated how many gamers there are out there that would love to play these games again.

Apple if you are reading this and would like to make a little more money than you already are please look at getting some programmers on the job. If you did think these old retro games could take off email me and I would provide a list of a few hundred games which,in my humble opinion, would be well received on the iPhone.

If anyone else has any suggestions for old games that would be given a new least of life on this new format please post here.

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Apr 17, 2009 12:45 AM

7 replies

Apr 17, 2009 1:18 AM in response to MerlinUK

The only problem is most games are not owned by Apple other companies have the rights to them so you have to wait for them to create the apps like Taito for Space Invaders and Namco (Pacman) and whatever that company that makes time crisis is oh and you can't forget ID for Wolfenstein 😉 So it's more a case of finding the companies that have the rights to the games you like/want and petitioning them to make an iPhone version i reckon an iPhone version of Flow from the PSP would be great (especially with the acceleromator) but somehow i can't see Sony making one seeing as that kinda makes the iPhone competition 😉

Apr 17, 2009 1:26 AM in response to MerlinUK

Yeah i've heard that too and a quake port i have noticed an increasing number of ACTUAL game developers creating app's for the iPhone and considering what some of the smaller more independent places are turning out currently I would love to see into the future as to what some of the major publishing houses can and will do coming up (hey sega's house of the dead)

Apr 17, 2009 1:59 AM in response to r.cloud

Yeah agreed, the future is looking very bright for the games on iPhone. I found it fascinating that IGN actually did a comparison between the DS and iPhone which if you would have told me about 12 months ago I would have laughed.

It just goes to show what people really want from games and that's game play/playability and not stunning graphics (most the time)

Come on people post the games you would like to see ported to the iPhone, I was just thinking of that old classic Carrier Command on the Atari ST. Now that would be amazing 🙂

Killer Games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.