Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The day the sound died

I am doing some editing in iDVD from a movie I imported from iMovie as I have 100's of times before. I have a Main menu using Forever and four other menus you can access via the Scene Selection button. I dropped new songs in every screen using the Menu Info window in the Audio section. They all work except the first Main screen when played has no sound. I have deleted the track and gone back to the original track called Forever-Main and still no sound. I have tried different songs and clicking on the sound icon behind the song in the Audio field with no luck. I have also dragged the same songs that work in the other menus to the first one and nothing. I am using iDVD version 7.0.3 with Leopard. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the help.

G5

Posted on Apr 17, 2009 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2009 4:44 PM

Did you try this?
Saw this in a post by randijim:

+1. Open the menu where you are having audio problems+
+2. Click on the drop zone icon to open the drop zones+
+3. Move the music (the iTunes music notes) that you've placed here out of the menu box+
+4. By getting the music icon out of the way, you will reveal a tiny black sound/audio icon+
+5. If you strain your eyes and look really close you will see that there are no sound waves coming out of the sound icon+
+6. Click on the icon and tiny black sound waves will appear+
+7. You have now "unmuted" your menu+
+8. Drop your music selection back into the menu drop zone+
+9. You now have sound!+

+Even if you cannot see the audio wave lines, click once on the icon anyway. Then add your music again.+

Post back if this does not help.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2009 4:44 PM in response to MacDaddi

Did you try this?
Saw this in a post by randijim:

+1. Open the menu where you are having audio problems+
+2. Click on the drop zone icon to open the drop zones+
+3. Move the music (the iTunes music notes) that you've placed here out of the menu box+
+4. By getting the music icon out of the way, you will reveal a tiny black sound/audio icon+
+5. If you strain your eyes and look really close you will see that there are no sound waves coming out of the sound icon+
+6. Click on the icon and tiny black sound waves will appear+
+7. You have now "unmuted" your menu+
+8. Drop your music selection back into the menu drop zone+
+9. You now have sound!+

+Even if you cannot see the audio wave lines, click once on the icon anyway. Then add your music again.+

Post back if this does not help.

The day the sound died

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.