Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems ordering Photobook in iPhoto

I've come across a potential problem and am not sure how to proceed.

I've ordered photobooks and cards via iPhoto before and, as with iTunes, I've used a 1-click account. I've tried to order a new book and it shows me the relevant pop-up page with the cost of the book. But the area where I can choose the number of books I want is grayed-out. I'm also being told I have to have 1-Click enabled and that I can create an account (despite already having one).

When I click on "Set-Up Account" it shows all my existing details (e:mail, password, credit card, mailing and billing address) across three pages - when I click 'continue' on the third page I'm being met each time with the message that an unexpected error has occurred and that I should try later.

This is the first time I've tried to order a book since having iLife '09, is it a problem within iLife '09, and do I simply need to create a new account with a different e:mail to overcome this?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

thanks

Neil

G5 iMac, Intel MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 17, 2009 4:00 PM

6 replies

Apr 17, 2009 4:15 PM in response to Neil Myners

Sorry - I forgot to mention. I created a new library specifically for this book and keep it on a portable drive so I can use it on a couple of Macs. Is it something as simple as this new "library" needs a 1-Click account of its own - despite being used on two different Macs with their own iPhoto libraries that have always shared the same Apple account log-in for 1-Click.

thanks

Neil

Apr 17, 2009 4:19 PM in response to Neil Myners

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but try my suggestion on the computer you want to order from

Go to the Apple store to your account and re-enter the information and re-enable one click - for some reason this often fixes this problem

Also before you order (not part of this problem but an important step) preview the book - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040 - and save the PDF of the preview in case of later issues

LN

Problems ordering Photobook in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.