Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Add/Save YouTube Clips to iTunes?

Hi,
There are a handful of clips on YouTube that I would like to save to iTunes. Does anyone know how to do this or what software I may need to save them to iTunes?

Thanks!!!
Dan

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Apr 20, 2009 6:26 PM

10 replies

Apr 20, 2009 6:49 PM in response to HellBlazerRaiser

You can't use Safari to convert the FLV files, but you can use the Activity window to distinguish all of the items on the web page. CmdOptA will open the Activity window. The flash file will usually be the largest item. Option+double-click will download the video to your designated Downloads folder. The file is usually "Video.flv," though some of the HQ files download as mp4, which you wouldn't have to convert. Start MPEG Streamclip and drag the FLV file from the finder onto the MPEG Streamclip icon in the dock. Then you'll have options to convert the video.

Apr 20, 2009 7:58 PM in response to HellBlazerRaiser

I don't know anything about Perian. I don't remember having to do anything special to get MPEG Streamclip to work. But perhaps my previous installation of iSquint installed something that helps Sreamclip work. IDK. I'm sorry I can be of any more assistance.

Perhaps you're converting when you could export. I've never tried to convert; I've always just exported to MPEG-4. Try that and let me know if that works.

Also, I don't think I've used File -> Open to open the files. I just drag the file from the Finder. Make sure it has an extension of .flv.

Message was edited by: thicks

How Do I Add/Save YouTube Clips to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.