Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had gain too high and mike was too sensitive, now my audio is distorted!

Is there any hope for me? I was using an external directional mike, and I think I had the gain (or mike input volume) too high.

I was recording an outside rock concert, and the sound is muddy, distorted, and horrible. Can I use Soundtrack Pro to clean this up? Is there anything I can do or is the situation hopeless?

Thanks for any help.

Mac Pro Quad Core 2.8 GHz 8 GB, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2 internal 1TB Sata Drives, 4 ext FW800 Drives

Posted on Apr 21, 2009 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2009 9:22 PM

All of us who work with technology can tell stories of really bad mistakes we made
as we were learning our craft. Some of them are funny. Some are not. But we learn and move on.
There's nothing you can do about that distortion.

However, from now on, you will always remember to check your levels and monitor your audio.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2009 9:22 PM in response to CraigJTMP

All of us who work with technology can tell stories of really bad mistakes we made
as we were learning our craft. Some of them are funny. Some are not. But we learn and move on.
There's nothing you can do about that distortion.

However, from now on, you will always remember to check your levels and monitor your audio.

I had gain too high and mike was too sensitive, now my audio is distorted!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.