Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Changing Web Site Name

Hello,

I created a website a couple years ago using iWeb, ver 1.1.2. I registered a domain name with GoDaddy, and set it up so that when someone enters that url, www.myname.com, they're forwarded to my website. (The iWeb MobileMe url is masked.)

Recently I've been making a few changes, and here's where I'm having a problem: When someone goes to my website, I'd like the site name (which is displayed in someone's bookmark folder, browser tabs, etc.), to read: Myname, Creative Widget Designs, instead of www.myname.com.

I changed my name in the iWeb Site Name field and published it, but it's still reading www.myname.com when I go to the site. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

iMac Intel Core 2, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2GHz,1GB,150 GB. Also iBook G3:900 MHz,640 MB,40 GB

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 3:25 PM

You will have to change the masked name to what you want in your account at GoDaddy. Look at the bottom section of the screenshot below. However, it won't take a comma and spaces will be replaced with %20 in the URL window. I'm not sure it can take anything but your domain_name.com or www.domain_name.com.

But you can try MyName Creative_WebDesigns and see what you get.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

OT
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2009 3:25 PM in response to motc

You will have to change the masked name to what you want in your account at GoDaddy. Look at the bottom section of the screenshot below. However, it won't take a comma and spaces will be replaced with %20 in the URL window. I'm not sure it can take anything but your domain_name.com or www.domain_name.com.

But you can try MyName Creative_WebDesigns and see what you get.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

OT

Trouble Changing Web Site Name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.