63895 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2009 8:00 PM by sidelsky18
The Apple Mobile device service is installed when you install iTunes. Do you see it running when you check the Services as shown in the article above?
This related article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538 shows an iPod touch which shows up in device manager with a yellow exclamation point. Follow the steps in the article and make sure the USB driver is installed properly.
What security software is running on the PC? You may have to reconfigure or temporarily disable it and then reinstall iTunes.
Thank you, my problem is solved.
For those wondering what to do in the future:
1) Go to Device Manager
2) Right click on the iPhone slot and click "update driver"
3) On the window, click next, then click the "advanced" option on the next screen
4) Check the second box and type in "C:\Windows\INF" (without quotes) in the textbox
5) Let windows install the driver
6) Connect to iTunes, if you get an error, turn off the iPhone while plugged in and turn it on again, it should work