Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting ATV to all in one Pioneer 5:1 surround system

Have the ATV connected via HDMI cable to Panasonic TV, but want surround sound when playing HD films. So got my toslink cable today to replace the the present system (audio red/white composite jacks) which only give stereo.

Has anyone out there got a Pioneer XV-DV55 all in one system and connected the ATV via toslink to the optical out and got a result - if you have would like to hear how you have set it up - please,

G4 20" iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 7:02 AM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2009 8:07 AM in response to Chenks

I realise that 5:1 is only one those movies that are in HD and have the 5:1 sound, I'm just getting really confused about what cable goes where.

APV connected to TV via HDMI cable, TV currently has component cables running down to Audio (in) on the Pioneer system, which gives me stereo sound via 2 speakers. As there is no toslink connection on the TV, can I run the toslink cable from the ATV directly to the Pioneer receivers toslink audio in and expect to get the resulting 5:1 sound?

Connecting ATV to all in one Pioneer 5:1 surround system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.