Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VMware Fusion question - Multiple Monitors

I apologize if this is in the wrong area, but I am desperate for some help. I have also posted this same question in the VMware communities but I have not had any luck with anyone responding yet.

It seems that I am having an issue with my virtual machine (windows XP) viewing in full screen or unity across my multiple monitor setup on my Mac Pro. Every time I go to view in full screen or unity I get a VMware popup warning/error that reads:

The virtual machine "Windows XP Professional" is configured for a smaller display size than the one your Mac is currently using. VMware Fusion needs to shut down your virtual machine to enable support for your Mac's display size in Full Screen. Do you want to shut down this virtual machine now?

I have two options, one to shut down, or one to go into full screen. If I go into full screen, full screen works with the correct resolution and everything looks great except its only in the one monitor (not the multiple monitor). If I shut down and restart the virtual machine and try to go to full screen I get the same error.

The VMware tools have been installed and I did go to the view, use all displays in full screen opiton.

My current setup is a mac pro with 3 monitors using 2 NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Video Cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 10:39 AM

4 replies

VMware Fusion question - Multiple Monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.