Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail problem with GMX account

My mail application has been fine collecting my email from a GMX account until a week or so ago. Now my GMX folder will repeatedly go offline or the application will keep asking me to type in my password.

None of the settings have been adjusted so I was wondering if anyone else has a similar issue and whether they have been able to resolve it?

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 1:20 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2009 11:08 PM in response to kiuqsen

Interesting, since I am having the same problem since yesterday. I know that GMX is working on their servers and that may be the reason (since we all seem to have the problem within the last few days).

I am trying to resolve my issue, but maybe asking GMX is also a method. If I get some more info, I will post it.

Good to know you also have the problem. If there is anyone else, please post it. I can just refer GMX support to this website then.

Jul 10, 2009 8:26 AM in response to cmdrcoolx

I have problems with Mail and gmx since a few weeks too.
I could get the earliest received email from the server but then Mail do nothing again on that gmx account. I couln't normally quit Mail either I have to force the quit. If I restart Mail I'll get the same email again and Mail reacts like I described before. If I delete this email at gmx' webinterface it's the same with the next one in the list. My other email-accounts (not at gmx) are working correctly.

Sending with Mail works normally too, even over the gmx-account.

Sometimes the load-indicator of the account at the inbox wouldn't stop.

Mail problem with GMX account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.