Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clear iCal time zone entries?

Can I clear out the entries in the iCal time zone pull down list (upper right corner of the iCal window)? It looks like it is a simple stack list showing the most recent time zone selections (up to a maximum of seven). Is there a cache file I can delete? If so, where is it? TIA....

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), iCal 3.0.6

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 8:15 PM

trentl4,

Although I am not currently posting this with my iMac to test it out, you could try deleting the iCal .plist file. Quit iCal, and find the com.apple.iCal.plist file in your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. Drag the file to your Desktop, log out/in or restart and check the Time Zone entries.

;~)
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2009 8:15 PM in response to trentl4

trentl4,

Although I am not currently posting this with my iMac to test it out, you could try deleting the iCal .plist file. Quit iCal, and find the com.apple.iCal.plist file in your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. Drag the file to your Desktop, log out/in or restart and check the Time Zone entries.

;~)

Apr 24, 2009 1:48 PM in response to Ferd II

Moving/deleting the com.apple.iCal.plist file took away all settings. I put this file back where it belongs and edited it using Apple's Property List Editor - specifically modifying the PersistentMenu-lastUsedTimeZones array object remove the unwanted time zones. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction....

How to clear iCal time zone entries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.