Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Basic Usage...

I thought that the Itouch, you were able to turn it sideways and everything would turn. Is there a setting that I need to change? or is that only available in videos. Also is there a way to change the sensitivity of the touch cuz it seems like I have to tap really hard to get what I want? ...

Any help would be wonderful.

HP Pavilion

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 2:42 PM

14 replies

Apr 23, 2009 4:19 PM in response to Confused In Aberdeen

Version 3.0 of the OS will bring landscape mode to email and text messages. And maybe just for David., so he won't have to use a Blackberry, they'll throw in a landscape home screen. Or not. Version 3.0 will be released "this summer" according to Apple and will cost Touch owners $9.95. There is no sensitivity adjustment, if yours is really insensitive, so to speak, you might want to get it serviced.

Apr 23, 2009 4:34 PM in response to deggie

🙂 I already returned the BB. It had more problems than I can recount here. Eight days was all I could take of constant reboots, freezes, and incorrect message indicators. Twas a shame, as the hardware is really nice, IMO.

I look forward to the landscape email feature! I had a hard time reading one today--when I make the font large enough to read, the text spills off the screen (won't wrap to screen-width). I won't even mind spending $20 to outfit my wife's and my Touch with the newest OS, PROVIDED that it isn't glitchy.

Apr 23, 2009 8:39 PM in response to applegenius18

I wasn't aware you could restore a Blackberry Storm in iTunes. Is this a new feature? (David. was talking about his BB in his post, not his Touch. Please take a little more time to read the thread closely before responding. He's also quite familiar with the Touch and landscape mode, the comments were a joke, hence the "smileys". Click on his name and you can read some of his previous posts on this subject. Again, it isn't necessary, or sometimes wise, to post on every thread.)

Apr 24, 2009 2:10 PM in response to DJ_Boxer

I had more trouble in 8 days with my Storm, than I've had with any dozen other products combined. It's no wonder so many people have returned them. And I really wanted to like it! I'm glad I got rid of it. Now I just grab my LG and get on with it. No reboots, no freezes, no issues getting the phone into speakerphone mode. I will never understand why anyone would put up with the awful OS that comes on the Storm. Without a proximity sensor it's easy to turn on the mute function--my wife did that on her storm TWICE on one call. Sure makes my Touch look fantastic! Only once in a while does my Touch fail to boot. When it shows the screen that appears when you get a new Touch, I plug it into my PC, let iTunes start up, and within seconds the Touch is back in business. Mine has done that about 4 times in the last 6 months. The other day, my wife's Touch did it for the first time. Other than those glitches our Touchs are fantastic.

Basic Usage...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.