Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email not showing apostrophe and sign correctly

Here's what a friend of mine sent me, he just bought a Mac and wants to know how to solve this.

+Recently, we got an apple and are having trouble getting certain parts of the communication out correctly. Please review the email below and see if you know what we are doing wrong.+

...AND THAT’S NOT ALL! Paul will then offer training on compensation strategies. If you have heard Paul, you already KNOW how entertaining he is.

Details are:

Host and Presenters: Ray Despins, Paul Dueck and Sandy Lancelot

Location: Fantasyland Hotel, *17700 –* 87 Avenue, Edmonton (Conference Room 10)

Time: *6:30 –* networking and registration

7:10– 8:15: Presentation

8:30 –* 9:00: Compensation Strategies

I've had that problem too with some emails but never looked into it. It seems to be with apostrophe and some sign. How can we fix this ?
Thanks 🙂

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 26, 2009 3:28 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2009 6:53 AM in response to Burnso

+Recently, we got an apple and are having trouble getting certain parts of the communication out correctly. Please review the email below and see if you know what we are doing wrong.+

...AND THAT’S NOT ALL! Paul will then offer training on compensation strategies. If you have heard Paul, you already KNOW how entertaining he is.

This looks like an encoding mismatch. You are using "smart" punctuation encoded as UTF-8 and it is being read as if it were Latin-1. What is being used to read the email at the other end? Switch to straight apostrophes and quotation marks.

Email not showing apostrophe and sign correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.