Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder actions problem

so I wanted to finally start playing with folder actions but I've run into a problem right out of the gate:

when I enter "configure folder actions" the folder actions setup app hangs with a spinning beachball and I start getting "connection failed. server may not exist or is not operational" errors.

checking console yields the following:

4/24/09 12:50:21 PM /Applications/AppleScript/Folder Actions Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Folder Actions Setup[359]

CPSGetProcessInfo(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

4/24/09 12:50:21 PM /Applications/AppleScript/Folder Actions Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Folder Actions Setup[359]

CPSPBGetProcessInfo(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

then it just sits.

has anyone ever seen anything like this? I'm totally lost.

thanks in advance.

The Ocho, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 8:57 AM

4 replies

May 7, 2009 9:39 AM in response to jeremy handel

I've just had a similar problem and noticed in console:

07/05/2009 17:18:25 com.apple.launchd[82] (com.apple.FolderActions.folders) Path monitoring failed on "/Volumes/downloads/sabnzbd": No such file or directory

The folder action was nothing to do with this volume but once I'd mounted it, all was good again. Don't know if this will help in your situation.

Folder actions problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.