Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After MacBook Restore, iPhone Has Two Newer Photos. How to Keep Them?

I needed to restore my MacBook overnight to a saved backup from Time Machine. Generally all fine but I have two photos taken on the iPhone which were synced with iPhoto (and so deleted from the iPhone, but re-synced as part of the library) but that library post-dates my backup by a few days. I would like to keep them. I am worried that when I sync my iPhone it will copy over the older library, and so I will lose these two newer photos. What is the best way to keep them? I know I can email them to myself but I will lose quality right? Will iTunes / iPhoto ask me or just nuke and pave my iPhone (as I fear)? Or do I need to dig around with some utility? In any event, are these now the same quality as they were, or do even iPhone photos get "optimised"? Many thanks.

MacBook Air SSD, iMac Core 2 Duo and Mac mini Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 28, 2009 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2009 9:19 AM

No real way to get them back. As you mentioned, photos transferred to the library are "optimized" for the iPhone display (made smaller). Thus even if you got a util to get to the file system, they won't be like the original. I would say emailing to yourself is the best option.
1 reply

After MacBook Restore, iPhone Has Two Newer Photos. How to Keep Them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.