Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting a photo to a line drawing.

Can iPhoto 6 convert a photo to a line drawing? If not can anyone suggest an inexpensive application that will do it? Thanks.

intel mac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 29, 2009 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2009 7:13 PM

no - take a look at seashore

LN
4 replies

Apr 29, 2009 10:58 PM in response to Herbert K

In order of price here are some suggestions:

Seashore (free)
Graphic Coverter ($45 approx)
Acorn ($50 approx)
Photoshop Elements ($75 approx)

There are many, many other options. Search on MacUpdate.

You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: Choose from the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

Regards

TD

Apr 30, 2009 12:02 PM in response to Herbert K

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have come up with two possibilities that appear to fit the bill. The first is AKVIS Sketch. It is quick and easy and makes pretty good defined lines but it costs $72. The other is Drawit Lite. It is not as good as AKVIS. Lines are a little blurrier and not as crisp. Also seems to have a little more noise within the lines. The cost is zip. I'll try using it for a while and see if it works for my projects. Thanks again

Converting a photo to a line drawing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.