Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Pixma Pro9000-No Ink Level Info

Hi. I am using Leopard 10.5.6. When I go into Sys Pref > Print and Fax > Options & Supplies > Supply Levels, it says Info Not Available. How can I find out visually what my ink levels are, like Printer Setup Utility used to do? Going crazy because I can't predict what ink I'll run out of and when. Doing a big job at the moment and this info would be helpful. Thank You!

G5 Power Mac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 30, 2009 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2009 1:57 PM

Hello Deborah,

To see the ink levels you need to open the Canon utility. Open the Pro9000 printer queue and click the Utility icon. The Pro9000 will be shown as a USB device. Select it and then click the Maintenance button. This will open the Canon utility where you can see a number of menus, including the Ink Levels.

PaHu
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2009 1:57 PM in response to Deborah Davis

Hello Deborah,

To see the ink levels you need to open the Canon utility. Open the Pro9000 printer queue and click the Utility icon. The Pro9000 will be shown as a USB device. Select it and then click the Maintenance button. This will open the Canon utility where you can see a number of menus, including the Ink Levels.

PaHu

Apr 30, 2009 2:29 PM in response to Deborah Davis

Hi Deborah,

I assumed the 9000 would be connected via USB. We have one somewhere in our office and I thought it only had USB. Is yours connected via USB, and if so is it on? Can you also confirm which driver version you are using. I just checked the Canon Aus web site and there looks to be several drivers available for this machine.

PaHu

Apr 30, 2009 3:09 PM in response to Deborah Davis

Deborah -

Try this: In System Preferences, click Print & Fax. You should see your Pro9000 in the window on the left. Double-click on it and then click on Utility on the right side of the menu bar. You should then see a printer list, with Pro9000 on it. Click on the name and then on Maintenance --a window with a drop-down menu which includes Ink Level Information will appear. If you don't see the printer on the list, I would reinstall the latest Pro9000 Macintosh printer driver from Canon.

Bob N.

Apr 30, 2009 8:54 PM in response to Deborah Davis

Hi Deborah,

I just connected by MBP to the Pro9000 at work. The same v10.1.1.0 driver was automatically selected for the new printer queue. And as I, and Bob, described previously, the Ink Levels are obtained via the Printer queue > Utility > USB > Maintenance > Ink Level Information - not via the Supply Levels menu via Options or Supplies (or the Supply Levels icon on the printer queue).

PaHu

Canon Pixma Pro9000-No Ink Level Info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.