Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simple Battery Question

Hey guys. On my MBP - my batter only lasts for about 2 hours when fully "charged". I've had the MBP since March of 2007. My stats are: Health: 70%. Cycles: 133. Mah: 3823. Condition: Check Battery. I thought the MBP battery was supposed to last 4-5 hours? Do I need a new battery??? HELP.

MBP 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 3 GB RAM, U2 iPod, iPhone

Posted on Apr 30, 2009 1:32 PM

6 replies

Apr 30, 2009 2:36 PM in response to neuroanatomist

Check out the following link first (note the warranty extension at the bottom).
http://www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

The extension information states "This program extends repair coverage on the battery _for up to two years from the date of purchase of the computer_ for Intel Core Duo-based MacBook and MacBook Pro computers. Apple will continue to evaluate the battery update program and will provide further extensions as needed. Apple also reserves the right to modify the program if other solutions that address the battery performance issues become available..."

Since OP purchase was in March 2007 the 2 years has gone by - but it may be worth it to try to contact Apple and see if they have extended or modified it as they suggest.

Mrs H

Apr 30, 2009 3:31 PM in response to Mrs H

Yes, it has technically expired for everyone. The update applied to computers purchased until April 2007, however, if you read the warranty extension, it applied only to Core Duo machines (not Core 2 Duo machines like the OP has). However, Apple has replaced many batteries post-expiration, and for Core 2 Duo machines. So, it's worth calling (at least, I think saving $130 is worth a little effort...).

May 1, 2009 8:03 AM in response to neuroanatomist

However, Apple has replaced many batteries post-expiration, and for Core 2 Duo machines. So, it's worth calling (at least, I think saving $130 is worth a little effort...).

I agree, which is why I said "it may be worth it to try to contact Apple and see if they have extended or modified it as they suggest."

I wonder what Marco M has done, since he seems to have (momentarily) disappeared here...

Mrs H

May 1, 2009 11:19 AM in response to Marco Meneses 11

My recent experience: I purchased my MBP in December 2007. Recently, I've noticed that my battery was only lasting about 90 minutes during the Keynote presentations I use to teach three classes. I had only 91 cycles and iStat was showing just below 50% battery health. The system profiler said "check battery". I took it in to the local Apple store and was told by the genius that what I was experiencing was normal battery wear. It seemed odd to me that the MBP battery would be going south at just 16 months of use, but the genius didn't think that was unusual. Fortunately, I did get a new battery free of charge, but that was ONLY because I had Apple Care. He told me that Apple Care covered the battery for two years.

Simple Battery Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.