Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem running BCUpdate.exe (boot camp 2.1 update)

Just bought a new iMac 20", upgraded from OSX 10.5.4 to 10.5.6 (plus all other s/w upgrades), ran Boot Camp, made a 50GB Windows NTFS partition, installed Win/XP SP3 from the Windows DVD. Booted into WIndows. So far so good.

Under vanilla Windows, I stuck in the Leopard Install DVD and autoran the Boot Camp drivers install. It crashed half-way through with the blue screen of death (flashed up for only 1 sec), and then the machine automatically rebooted. Now it will no longer boot normally into Windows, it gets halfway and then repeats the crash & reboot scenario over & over.

So, I reinstalled all of Windows (again!), but instead of using the Leopard Install DVD, I tried to run the Boot Camp 2.1 Update package, BCUpdate.exe. However, when I double click on the package in Windows, nothing happens. I right-click -> Open, and it doesn't run. Run as... Administrator, it doesn't run. Safe Mode won't let me run it either. The checksum of the file is correct. I don't get it.

What am I doing wrong???

iMac 20" / 260GB / 4GB, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 2, 2009 6:35 PM

2 replies

Problem running BCUpdate.exe (boot camp 2.1 update)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.