Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi - Can't connect to Tengo Internet

When I attempt to connect to Tengo Internet it puts up a disclaimer in the browser window where I need to agree. When I try to select "agree" nothing happens and I can't access WiFi. The iPod touch shows the signal is strong enough but I can't get past the disclaimer.

iPod Touch

Posted on May 3, 2009 11:25 PM

14 replies

May 5, 2009 7:59 AM in response to suek2

suek,

Here is log in instructions from tengo: http://www.tengointernet.com/hosp_how.htm#a2

As I have said before, tengo is a paid WiFi service. Your log in page should have an area where you can enter a user name and password or purchase time on tengo. I suggest you look much closer at that initial page displayed in Safari. Tapping OK when you have not complete the page will either give you no response (as you are experiencing or and error message).

May 6, 2009 12:50 PM in response to suek2

The iPod Touch and iPhone authentication challenges are related to the way the Mobile Safari browser on the device handles the "I Agree" page layout. The only way for these devices to successfully authenticate is to follow these steps:

1) Open Settings > Safari
3) Disable Javascript
4) Open Safari to be directed to the "I Agree" page
5) Authenticate normally by click "I Agree"
6, optional) Enable Javascript in the settings menu if your desired content requires it.

WiFi - Can't connect to Tengo Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.