Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLIST file that manages monitor brightness?

Is there a single or multiple plist files that manage the brightness of an Intel iMac screen? I am trying to change the brightness on several machines and looking for a way to change this through Apple Remote Desktop.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mac Pro 2x2.66GHz dual-core Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 6GB RAM, ATI X1900 XT 512MB

Posted on May 4, 2009 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2009 10:41 AM

One way to find what plist does what is to use the fs_usage command, which must be run as root. The command watches for file system changes so to monitor for plist changes the command is

# fs_usage |grep plist

then change the setting in question and watch the terminal window for the plist file that is modified. It may help to dump the output to a txt file and then search it for the plist you want.

I did not see a plist file modification when adjusting the brightness.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2009 10:41 AM in response to jhumphrey

One way to find what plist does what is to use the fs_usage command, which must be run as root. The command watches for file system changes so to monitor for plist changes the command is

# fs_usage |grep plist

then change the setting in question and watch the terminal window for the plist file that is modified. It may help to dump the output to a txt file and then search it for the plist you want.

I did not see a plist file modification when adjusting the brightness.

PLIST file that manages monitor brightness?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.