Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CCTV on the Iphone

Hi,
I install CCTV systems regularly and recently my clients have been asking me a very interesting question : They want to view their cameras on their iphone.

I've tried using the iPhone's wifi connection,to no avail.The iPhone just keeps saying "Web page error,please refresh" or something of that kind.Note that this also happens whenever I try to view the cameras on the pc using a browser other than IE,therefore one without activeX.I think,though I'm a bit inexperienced in this field,that that may be the problem.

Does the iPhone support some kind of activeX ?

ALthough this may be a bit problematic as my clients aren't always near a connection...Have you got any solutions?

Thanks.

Posted on May 6, 2009 1:33 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2009 10:31 PM in response to Abtex

Hi Abtex, thus your ip camera support a login software? Our DVRs have a login software so that when you enter in the Internet browser with a fixed IP, this sofware is generated from the DVR to the IPhone, now my suppliers are saying that the IPhone cannot support this software, becuase it is too big to be dowloaded to a phone. I cannot beleive this as the IPHone do such similar feature, do you know any professional sites that support this matter?

Many thanks for your help

George

CCTV on the Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.