Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rotate web page

I'm trying to read a webpage that may or may not be in pdf format... it's hard to tell. The page I'm viewing is horizontally displayed, and I'd like to view it so I can read it without turning my head to the right. Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 23, 2005 8:23 PM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2005 8:30 PM in response to Jennifer Lim

If the URL ends in .pdf, it is a page stored in portable document format. If you have installed Adobe Reader, it will be displayed in Safari as if it were another web page - using an Adobe Reader resource - by default.

You can rotate this image - after saving it locally as a pdf by pressing the floppy disk icon on the left end of the menu area of the page - in either Adobe Reader or Apple's Preview application.

Oct 23, 2005 9:20 PM in response to Jennifer Lim

There is no 'Rotate' image option in Safari. And changing the orientation by using the Page Setup… option will not accomplish what you want.

You can use the Print… command to create a pdf in Preview [by selecting the Preview button in the Print dialog box] and then rotate that preview image using the Rotate Left… or Rotate Right… menu options under the Tools menu.

rotate web page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.