Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghosting on the MBA?

I have a Macbook Air 1,1; just got it today actually. I noticed to-black causes the screen to ghost. For example if I go from the desktop and open a video with black on the initial load screen, I see a ghost/artifact of the window behind the video window for a good second or two. Nothing else seems to ghost/artifact, just going from standard display to a black backgrounded window.

Has anyone experienced this?

Update: This is getting very annoying very fast. I went to a webpage with dark and light elements, and go figure it ghosted/artifacted quite a bit when scrolling around on it.

Message was edited by: uberamd

Macbook Air 1.6GHz - iTouch - iPhone - MBP C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 7, 2009 7:56 PM

5 replies

May 9, 2009 2:00 PM in response to uberamd

Interesting...

I take it this is on the internal display, not an external monitor? It certainly looks like the LCD on the machine.

I've never seen that issue on my display, so I think the next step, would be to get someone to look at it... either an Apple Retail Store or an Authorized Service Provider. That's definitely not normal, so it's worth getting a second opinion.

I'd be curious to see if it happens on an external display.

Ghosting on the MBA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.