Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add airport base station to RADIUS (default password not accepted)

Hi there,

Despite repeatedly resetting my Airport Extreme test unit, the RADIUS setup on the server says that the password is incorrect. I can browse for the base station just fine, but server admin or the setup assistant insist it's the wrong password.

I tried setting the base station password manually but it won't accept that password either.

Any thoughts?

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 8, 2009 12:38 AM

7 replies

May 8, 2009 3:56 AM in response to Fridgemagnet

I've now tried this on three different 10.5.6 servers, all up to date. The firmware on the Airport Extreme is also up to date. (7.4.1)

My problem is similar to a problem users in this thread are experiencing:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7701614

But the IP address of the AEBS is showing correctly. The RADIUS setup both manual and assisted says the admin password is not correct yet the logs on the AEBS say "Connection accepted from ::ffff:MY RADIUSSERVER/64207."

Help!!

May 8, 2009 5:29 AM in response to Fridgemagnet

I had the same issue. This seems to be a bug in the new AP firmware. The RADIUS setup assistant worked just fine on the older 802.11g AP.

I resorted to setting up the 802.11n manually and it works without a hitch! The setup is self explanatory. Just point the airport to your RADIUS server (Mac OS X Server) and choose a random encryption key. (Make sure to use the default ports.) Then point your RADIUS server to the airport and use the same encryption key you entered into the airport. Select an SSL cert (they can be self signed). Name the airport, Save and you should be good to go.

You can also restrict users by adding them in Server Admin>Access>RADIUS

Good Luck!

Message was edited by: Robert LaRocca

Can't add airport base station to RADIUS (default password not accepted)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.