Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare registration

Hi all, my Macbook warranty is due to expire tomorrow and I intend to purchase applecare online. Does it have to be registered before the warranty expires, if so would going to the mac store mean that I can register it straight away?

Many thanks

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 9, 2009 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2009 8:30 PM

Does it have to be registered before the warranty expires,

Technically AppleCare has to be purchased before the warraty expires, but I wouldn't risk it.

would going to the mac store mean that I can register it straight away?

If it's an Apple retail store...yes.
5 replies

May 23, 2009 4:52 AM in response to Templeton Peck

Hello. First time poster so not sure if I am in the right area. My 1 year ltd warranty for macbook expires tomorrow. Today I purchased Applecare protection and have tried to register online and the site is undergoing an upgrade and won't be available until Monday. I tried calling for tech assistance but they are not open weekends. Any suggestions welcomed. What will happen if I don't register by warranty expiry date - but it's not my fault I can't register?

May 23, 2009 5:46 AM in response to emandjimmy

Keep your dated proof-of-purchase paperwork. Phone AppleCare on Monday, explain the situation, and I think you'll find them quite accommodating. They may ask you to mail or fax them a copy of the sales receipt.

I've had to register two APPs by phone because of different screwups (mine, not theirs), and it's ended up fine both times.

Message was edited by: eww

Applecare registration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.