Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset print system!

Any one know how to reset os x 10.5.... print system from terminal. I need to add a print system reset to an apple script I have created that reinstall all office printers on a users machine. As printing is one of our biggest time wasting support issues I want to be able to completely wipe the print system and then my script reinstalls all the printers from scratch with fresh drivers and presets.

Any ideas?

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 11, 2009 7:14 AM

6 replies

May 11, 2009 8:18 AM in response to Barney-15E

Yeah that is about the only post about with any info in that I have found. Although the first does not seem to have anything of use in it to me. The second reply refers to the printer setup utility which no longer exists and an application in OS X 10.5.... it has all been integrated into the system preferences so I can't interact with it through applescript.

I have looked through the cups documentation before, but can not seem to find any info I guess I will have to have another look. I was hoping for a reply from apple with some info on this.

Reset print system!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.