Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newbie question about installing Tiger server.

I am an amateur just playing around and experimenting with Tiger Server. Is the amount of clients on the distribution supposed to be the clients allowed to connect to the server, or the amount of machines you can install Tiger server on with the same serial number and use them as clients for the main machine?

I have the cube which I am intending to install Tiger server on and use it as a server. Will I be able to connect with my MacBook Pro (10.5.6) as a client?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Windows XP Boot Camp (Unfortunately), G4 500Mhz Cube MacOS 9.2.2

Posted on May 12, 2009 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2009 7:08 PM

Is the amount of clients on the distribution supposed to be the clients allowed to connect to the server

Yes.

Will I be able to connect with my MacBook Pro (10.5.6) as a client?

Yes.

(43450)
2 replies

Newbie question about installing Tiger server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.