Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black horizontal lines appearing on the screen from time to time... :(

Hey guys!

I have my MBP Alu since October 2008 and so far I am just in love with the machine.

The only problem that started to appear recently is the black thin lines that appear on the screen for a very short period of time (shorter than 1 sec) and disappear very quickly. Imagine just a very thin black horizontal line appearing in some place on the screen. See the picture, please: http://i43.tinypic.com/2q0vwy9.png

It doesn't happen that often... maybe 2 times in an hour. When it happens, I use the integrated Nvidia 9400M graphic chip. I see it a lot when I use Firefox and listen to the music through AirTunes. Maybe there is a connection between those two things.
Sometimes I see it just on the desktop without Firefox turned on.

To be honest I start to worry about my laptop. Maybe my graphic card is about to die. I have been hoping that the recent update 10.5.7 would solve the issue, but it is not the case..

Can anybody help me? Should I call Apple? I cannot miss my laptop as I need it now for my study... 😟

MBP 15 Alu '08, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on May 13, 2009 11:52 AM

2 replies

May 17, 2009 11:36 AM in response to MaXaP

Maybe somebody else has experienced the same issue? Sometimes I don't get those lines at all, sometimes 2-3 times an hour, sometimes they are black, sometimes they look like a distortion of something on the screen (like some text in Word).

I cannot sit without my laptop if I give it to Apple as I am working on my thesis... What can Apple do for me? Do you know it, guys?

Black horizontal lines appearing on the screen from time to time... :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.