Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time passedd

ok i want to do my roster on numbers so i put start time in one row then fin time in next row i want the 3rd row to add the time i have been at work that day (this i will do for the whole week then have the total hours worked in that week at the end) but it i cant get it to calculate 13:00 to 18:00 is 5 hours i have to do this manually. is there any way i kin get numbers to do this for me?

thanks in advance

eMac 1.42, Blackbook 2ghz c2d, imac 24''2.8 extreme, Mac OS X (10.5), iPhone 16gig, 2 60gig ipods, photo white+vid black 500gig minimax hdd

Posted on May 14, 2009 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2009 11:48 AM

This should be an easy subtraction operation.

Enter 13:00 into cell B2. It displays as 1PM if the cell format is "automatic"
Enter 18:00 into cell B3. It displays as 6PM if the cell format is "automatic"
Put =B3-B2 into cell B4. It calculates it to be 5 hrs.

If you work past midnight, you will have to enter the date along with the time in cells B2 and B3.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2009 11:48 AM in response to paton

This should be an easy subtraction operation.

Enter 13:00 into cell B2. It displays as 1PM if the cell format is "automatic"
Enter 18:00 into cell B3. It displays as 6PM if the cell format is "automatic"
Put =B3-B2 into cell B4. It calculates it to be 5 hrs.

If you work past midnight, you will have to enter the date along with the time in cells B2 and B3.

Jul 23, 2009 1:25 AM in response to paton

OK - same idea, but a different question
I have three start and finish times, the subtraction of which gives a duration in hrs mins. If I add the three durations, the result is a number, with a blue tag "duration units removed'.

Obviously, it should be a duration too, and I can't see why it isn't, attempts to change the format to duration do not work.

Appreciate any assistance.

time passedd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.