Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

If Mail is left open/password

614 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2009 6:15 AM by Charles Cusumano RSS
MDJ51 Level 1 Level 1 (115 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 14, 2009 1:29 PM
If I leave my mail acct open and leave the computer when I come back later it asks for my password. I use comcast. I cancel the password request boxes over and over and go get mail I can get mail. Something is timeing out somewhere? Have tried everything. Is it comcast or Apple?
933 MHZ, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • 2point5 Level 3 Level 3 (955 points)
    May 17, 2009 2:23 AM (in response to MDJ51)
    Have you tried to do some "First Aid" on Keychain?

Open "Keychain Access" and from the "Keychain Access" drop down menu select "Keychain First Aid". Type in your admin password and then click "Repair" and then "Start".

Hope that helps.

Chris
    MacBook Pro 17" 2.33Ghz Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 1Tb OWC Time Machine, iPhone 3G, iPod Nano
  • Charles Cusumano Calculating status...
    May 17, 2009 6:15 AM (in response to 2point5)
    same as above. Using windstream.net and pasword request keeps coming up as invalid entry. All started with system update 10.5.7. Went to keychain; did repair and even purged old email info. Still not able to access email.
    eMac running 10.57 and 2 Mac Book's running 10.5, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.