Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Problem

I just bought a new iPod Shuffle and I'm having a problem syncing the music. I have one specific playlist that I want the Shuffle to sync to, and it currently has about 5.3GB of music in it. The Shuffle's capacity is a little under 4GB, so I want it to pull a random selection of the songs in that playlist every time I connect it to the computer, but all it tells me is that it can't sync because there isn't enough room. Is there a setting I'm missing? I could swear this used to work.

Thanks!
Nick

2.4ghz MacBook Pro, Dual 2.5ghz G5 Power Mac, 667mhz TiBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on May 16, 2009 1:01 PM

4 replies

May 17, 2009 9:51 AM in response to ndelc

Hi,Nick I cant solve your problem but I to have problem with syncing with the new 4gb ipod shuffle.We are told you can download up to 1000 songs with this ipod my libary has 757 songs @ 6.41gb.but Im only allowed to download 427 songs @ 3.77gb.
So it looks like we are in the boat m8 my old nano downloads more songs than the new 3g. Regards Bruce

May 18, 2009 10:06 AM in response to nighthawker

Hi Bruce,

The 1,000 songs is an average based on all the songs being of an certain length, probably somewhere between 3-4 minutes, and a certain quality, probably 128kbps. From what you've posted, I'd guess your songs tend to be longer, or set for a higher quality than this average. Along with that, a 4GB hard drive is commonly known to have slightly less than a 4GB capacity. And keep in mind that the iPod also has necessary software installed that takes up space on the hard drive. The new 3G iPod Shuffle's software might actually be larger than the old nano because of the speech software.

Syncing Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.