Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

song on iPod doesn't show up under Artist name

Several songs on my iPod for a particular artist show up when I search on the iPod under songs, but when I search through the artist, only one of about 20 songs that are on there appears in the window. All of the songs show up in the iPod view in iTunes and I've made sure the Artist name is the same for all of the songs. How can I get the songs to show up under the Artist category as well??? help!!!

Windows XP

Posted on May 16, 2009 3:50 PM

6 replies

May 19, 2009 1:36 PM in response to Kitchensink13

Note - If you find multiple songs that need this change (such as for the whole "compilation" album), you can select multiple songs and change them all at once.

To select multiple songs in an iTunes list, select the first song, hold down the Shift key, and select the last songs. All songs in between should get selected along with the first and last. Then right click and do a +Get Info+ on any of the selected songs to get the Multiple Item Info window. The Options tab will have this setting, and you can update all the selected songs at once.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, or if it works differently since version 8.x. On my 5th gen iPod, songs do appear under artists on the iPod, even if the songs are marked as +part of a compilation+ in iTunes. I just checked to confirm. However, I have not checked carefully to see if this is true in all cases.

Sep 7, 2009 1:07 PM in response to jayhat

I'm having the same exact problem with songs not showing up under the Artist Name on my iPod. I've tried all the suggestions on this thread so far, none of them have worked, still having that problem. I also just recently upgraded to 8.0, but I've been having this problem since way before that.

None of my songs were checked as part of a compilation, and I tried filling in the Album Artist field as well. No go.

I do notice, though, that the songs that do in fact show up under Artist Name on my iPod have an Album designation, whereas the songs that do not show up have no Album designation. But why should that matter?

Worse yet, sometimes songs that should show up under the same Artist Name actually end up showing up twice. Under TWO duplicated Artist Name selections!

This is probably against the rules of this whole message board thing, but iTunes can be quite ********, sorry. (Hahaha, I can't believe it just censored out re-tar-ded.)

song on iPod doesn't show up under Artist name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.