Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.5.7 Battery stops charging

Folks,

I'm posting in this forum as well, since it seems that I have yet to find an answer elsewhere.
The day before installing 10.5.7, my MBP 2.16 was charging just fine and giving me approximately three hours of use on a three month old battery; today, the battery is completely discharged, and the computer will not work at all unless it is plugged in 100% of the time.

My other MBP, which is an early 2009 model, and my MBA, exhibit no such symptoms. The problem is limited to the 2007 MBP.

The fact that this would happen in more than one Mac at the same time is no coincidence, and leads me to believe that this is purely a software issue. If anyone else can confirm or deny this, please let us know, because it looks like there's more than one of us out there.

The reason I can say this has happened to at least one other person is found in this website:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=702114

I am the one posting at the bottom of the site, and someone else posted at the top. Unlike the other person who posted, my MBP has NEVER had a problem until just yesterday, and I would appreciate any help I can get from this forum. Please feel free to email me at macjojo@mac.com, or to answer on this discussion board.

As always, your assistance is appreciated in advance.

Thank you,

J. Rodriguez

MBP; MBA (and many 'ancient' Macs), Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on May 16, 2009 9:02 PM

1 reply

Jun 22, 2009 4:33 AM in response to MacJojo

I have exactly the same problem a few days after upgrading to 10.5.7.

My MBP would run easily a few hours on a charge. Now it won't run at all unless the charger is connected. I turned it on this AM and for the past hour the battery charge indicator shows the charge at 0% and the time to charge shows 10:00 hours. Neither charge indicator has changed after an hour of being connected to the my charger.

If I unplug the charger, my MBP immediately turns off without a shut down process or warning.

I'm calling Apple tech support as soon as they open this morning.

Bud James

10.5.7 Battery stops charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.